- Tilde MT
- "Language Equality in the Digital Age" workshop at the European Parliament features Tilde CEO
- At Small Big Data Value Association Summit, Tilde leads sessions on Innovation and Data Analytics
- Benefits of MT for the EU stressed by Tilde at ELRC workshop in Copenhagen
- CSA report: Tilde has "simplified access for small language companies" to MT
- Didzis Kļaviņš of Tilde to speak at ELIA Together event
- EAMT 2016 conference gathers participants from 29 countries
- EAMT 2016 conference kicks off in Riga on May 30
- European Association of Machine Translastion committee meeting hosted by Tilde
- European Commission awards Tilde contract to continue develpment of CEF Automated Translation platform
- Europeana conference features presentation by Tilde on multilingualism and machine translation
- GALA webinar with Tilde: "Next Generation Services for Custom MT"
- Harvard's Nieman Journalism Lab highlights Tilde's collaboration with EurActiv
- In EurActiv opinion piece, Tilde CEO stresses the need for European Language Cloud
- In Tallinn, Tilde hosts a seminar on language resources in Europe
- Language Technology Industry Summit features three presentations by Tilde
- LocWorld in Montreal to feature presentation by Tilde on MT
- MateCat integrates Tilde MT
- Multilingual Europe - a status update by Tilde's CEO
- New Scientist magazine interviews Tilde CEO on advances in Neural MT
- New features on the Tilde MT platform
- New release of Tilde MT platform includes advanced Dynamic Learning feature for optimizing MT performance
- Powerful new features for localizers released on the Tilde MT platform
- Prime Minister of Latvia learns more about Tilde's language technologies
- Ready for autumn with Tilde MT
- Registration now open for EAMT 2016 conference, organized by Tilde
- Results of large post-editing study presented by Tilde at AMTA in Texas
- Season's greetings from Tilde MT
- TAUS webinar showcases Tilde's MT service for the EU Presidency
- Tilde CEO chairs panel on data economy at META-FORUM in Portugal
- Tilde CEO speaks at Translating Europe Forum in Brussels
- Tilde CEO unveils EAMT conference in Riga
- Tilde R&D showcased at LREC conference in Slovenia
- Tilde and Google discuss Human Language Project at TAUS Conference in Vancouver
- Tilde exhibits at European Data Forum
- Tilde invited to participate in Future Media Lab debate
- Tilde invited to present at global media summit
- Tilde joins European Commission roundtable to discuss the future of language technology
- Tilde launches initiative to support language technology development with new multilingual open data sets
- Tilde participates in AMTA 2014 conference
- Tilde presents at LocWorld in Montreal
- Tilde releases new and improved MT plug-in for SDL Trados Studio
- Tilde releases new version of its full-service MT platform
- Tilde represents the language community in new study on Big Data landscape
- Tilde to organize the 2016 European Association of Machine Translation annual conference
- Tilde wins spot in Open Data Incubator for Europe (ODINE)
- World’s first neural machine translation systems released for smaller languages
- memoQ releases new version of Tilde MT plugin
- memoQfest participants introduced to advantages of Tilde MT
- Case Studies
- Data Library
Communication plays a vital role in the public sector. In order to communicate with a wide variety of citizens, translation is essential – particularly in multilingual nations. Human translation, however, is limited in scope, costly, and time consuming. Machine translation enables the public sector to overcome language barriers and ensure multilingual communication with all of its citizens.
Tilde has experience in developing custom machine translation systems for two European governments. Tilde’s e-Gov Solution features a MT system specially trained with a public sector’s specific data, including legislative acts and judicial documents.
The MT for e-Gov solution is 100% secure, allowing for the translation of sensitive and confidential data. The system can be hosted in an on-premise appliance or a local public sector server. That way the MT system can be used by any government body or branch of government.
Tilde developed a MT service for the Latvian public sector, Hugo.lv. The service provides automated translation of texts, full documents, and websites from Latvia to English and vice versa, as well as from Latvian to Russian.
In response to our government’s need for multilingual communication, Tilde developed a machine translation system for the Latvian public sector. The system will be seamlessly integrated into e-services and government websites, providing for multilingual content in e-gov. To create the system, Tilde provided the full range of MT services – from domain-specific data collection and system training to the development of customized tools such as an online translation interface and website widgets. The MT system will enable our government to speak the language of all its citizens, as well as empower citizens from across Europe – regarless of their native language – to interact with the Latvian government. This is a major step forward for e-gov, furthering the spread of e-democracy.
Director, Latvian Cultural Information Systems Center
building a pan-European Automated Translation Infrastructure
Tilde is proud to be part of an ambitious project for Europe, helping the European Commision to build a large-scale automated translation platform. Called CEF.AT, the platform will power automated translation in Europe's public services, breaking down language barriers between nations in 21st century Europe.
Since 2015, Tilde has helped this effort by working to identify and gather language resources from all of the EU Member States, as part of the European Language Resource Coordination (ELRC) action. We've also organized workshops on language resources and MT throughout Northern Europe. Work will continue throughout 2016 and 2017, so stay tuned for more info!